Update: Scala Documentation (an excellent site for getting started with Scala) has just been launched. Make sure to check it out as well.
If you want to get started with Scala, here is a short list with (in my opinion) some of the most important resources to get you on the fast track.
- Get a book! I highly recommend this one, but there are plenty out there already.
- Install SBT and learn how to use it. (You might as well use Maven with Scala if you really want to.)
- Install Scala IDE for Eclipse and use sbteclipse to import your SBT projects.
- Get some friends out there, and learn.
- And not to forget my personal favourite for quick hacks: Simply Scala